In Summary

There was drama at National Stadium on February 12 when Yanga refused to use the changing room reserved for them during their Premier League match against their arch-rivals Simba

Dar es Salaam. Young Africans have been slapped with a Sh8 million fine by Tanzania Premier League Board (TPLB) for indiscipline and failure to control their fans.

Yanga refused to use reserved changing room during their Mainland Premier League matches against their arch-rivals Simba at the National Stadium on February 12.

They also shunned the dressing room during their league match against JKT Tanzania at the Mkwakwani Stadium in Tanga, according to the TPLB chief executive officer, Boniface Wambura.

Wambura said yesterday that Yanga also failed to control their fans during their league match against Mbao FC at the CCM Kirumba Stadium in Mwanza.

“Clubs are responsible for the conduct of their members and supporters,” Wambura said yesterday.

“They must ensure they (club members) behave in a fair manner and refrain from violence and other provocative and unsporting conduct or language at matches,” he added.

On February 12, Yanga avoided the changing room at the National Stadium so as to ‘avoid witchcraft’ that could influence the outcome of their match against Simba.

The Msimbazi Street giants squeezed a 1-0 win against Yanga in the clash dubbed battle of the titans. Simba and Azam FC have also been fined Sh3 million each for alleged violation of the rules and regulations governing the top flight.

Wambura said the league board had sought thorough explanations from officials of the three clubs before punishing them.

He said the board’s decision was in line with the rules governing the Mainland Premier League, which decides the country’s envoys in the Caf Champions League.

Meanwhile, Young Africans defender Abdallah ‘Ninja’ Shaibu has found his way back into the wrong books of the TPLB after suffering a three-match suspension.

Shaibu was found guilty of elbowing Coastal Union forward Andrew Senchimba during their Mainland Premier League match recently.

The match, which took place at the Mkwakwani Stadium in Tanga, ended in a 1-1 draw.

This was revealed by the Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) information officer, Clifford Ndimbo.

Ndimbo said Shaibu appeared before the federation’s disciplinary committee and admitted that he committed the offence.